Employee recognition is one of the most important aspects of any company. Happy employees lead to productive and successful businesses. Unfortunately, many companies do not have employee recognition programs in place, which can lead to unhappy and unmotivated employees. In this blog post, we will discuss five employee appreciation ideas that your staff will love!
Using Technology to Appreciate Employees
The use of technology has transformed the workplace and how we communicate with one another. With that said, there are a number of ways you can use technology to recognize your employees. Here are five employee recognition ideas that your staff will love:
- Send out personalized e-cards: A great way to show your employees that you appreciate them is to send them a personalized e-card. You can use a service like 123Greetings to design and send employee appreciation e-cards. Or make a custom card from a template on canva.com.
- Create an employee recognition blog or podcast: Another great way to recognize your employees is to create a blog or podcast that highlights their achievements. This is a great way to show your employees that you are paying attention to their hard work and that you appreciate it.
- Make a video: A fun way to recognize your employees is to make a short video about them. This can be a spoof on employee recognition videos or something more serious. Either way, your employees will appreciate the thought and effort that went into making the video.
- Send out recognition e-mails: A quick and easy way to recognize your employees is to send them an e-mail. This can be a mass e-mail that goes out to all of your employees or it can be a personal e-mail that you send to each employee. Either way, your employees will appreciate the gesture.
- Use social media: Social media is a great way to reach out to your employees and show them that you appreciate them. You can post employee recognition messages on your company’s social media accounts or create a hashtag that employees can use to share their appreciation messages. LinkedIn has a template that can match the recognition you want to give. Either way, your employees will love the recognition they receive on social media.
What other ways you can show your employees that you appreciate them? Share your thoughts with us!
Find other ways to appreciate your employees from the When I Work blog.